MIMOSA NIIIIIIIGHT! Mama sippy.
There wasn’t a heck of a lot on our comics radar this fortnight, so we ended up talking about some stuff we’ve wanted to talk about for a while instead! And then we kept talking. And talking. It’s a long one, folks.
– Super Turbo Atomic Ninja Rabbit: Is it homage? Is it derivative? Is this one of those things where I’m being way more paranoid about it than I should be?
– The 20-Year Gap, and “fake nostalgia for the unremembered 80’s”. I’m sorry, I couldn’t find “Losing My Edge” in the right file format on my computer, so I didn’t end up using it for the theme this episode. MAYBE IN THE FUTURE??
– SCAD reminiscences, and advice for current or future attendees. (1. Be nice. 2. Know what you want to do, but accept criticism. 3. OH MY GOD HAVE YOUR FINANCES ON LOCK, IT’S SO UNGODLY EXPENSIVE FOR A DIPLOMA THAT MOST PEOPLE ASSUME IS FAKE.)
THIS WEEK’S READING:
– O Human Star, by Blue Delliquanti – ohumanstar.com/
– The Story of Graphic Design, by Patrick Cramsie – www.alibris.com/The-Story-of-Grap…830849?matches=44
THIS WEEK’S THEME: Mr. Oizo, “Gay Dentists”
DON’T STOP DRAWING, FOLKS